[OOC] Raid! - Forging ahead in the Foundry!

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [OOC] Raid! - Forging ahead in the Foundry!

Post by Summersbough on Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:29 am

Gruul, Oregorger, Beastlord Darmac and Flamebender Kag'raz went down last week -- when we had our second attempt into BRF! Sadly we had to bring a bunch of randomers in there when we'd have loved to have more of the guild along, though.

Don't be shy if you want to gear up and come loot bosses!

Edit:
Oh, almost forgot Hans'gar and Franzok. Of all the bosses to forget. Neutral
Summersbough

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tygos on Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:51 am

Yes! If you want to gear up to join the raids or improve your dps or healing maybe tanking tells us! Just give us a shout or two like "hey i want to dps in blackrock foundry this week can you help me gear? Or help me do more dps" goes for all roles ofc we got pleanty of people im 100% sure some one knows something you can do to improve your role or gear

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinoi on Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:07 am

Indeed so! I have not updated this thread in a while but raids are still ongoing. It's my intent to keep raiding accessible; hence us continuing to run the opening level raid for anyone that wants to tag along to get geared, and give it a try. If you need advice on your class, or if you want to try a certain role (tanking, healing- dps etc.) we're happy to point you in the right direction, or help with doing heroics etc!

Although I would like to get people in the new, and very cool BRF raid too, it's a bit tougher than Highmaul, especially in sheer numbers you are hit with.
Rinoi
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Summersbough on Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:15 am

Yeah! Looking for Raid(and I feel bad even suggesting it) has a very good list of items to get you up and ready. 650-655 items from Blackrock Foundry's raid finder will set you up nicely. Then it's just a matter of practice and asking around! Highmaul normal runs on Thursdays does a very good job at teaching you your rotations and performance in a raid environment.
Summersbough

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tygos on Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:16 am

If you need advice on a class and role, I do like all of them just ask me xD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinoi on Sat Mar 14, 2015 3:33 pm

Due to a lack of interest from entry level raiders, we'll change both raid days to progression style raids now.

Although people interested in gearing up and getting involved are still more than welcome, we'll not have a permanent day for gearing up in the entry level normal Highmaul, unless a fair few require it. Last few times, only one or two Braves went along to normal Highmaul with any chance for an upgrade. The rest were randomers, or some who outgeared the instance by far. We will still help those who want to join in, and there's numerous ways to do it. Normal Highmaul will be done when enough Braves require it.
Rinoi
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Halewood on Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:43 pm

*Is dragged torwards LFR* Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!
Halewood

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tygos on Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:48 pm

If enough people want it i could do a pug run for normal for gear, but im so bad at planning so it won't be planned those interested can just give me a poke when they have time for it. If your grouped up with more guildies interested its better!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinoi on Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:30 am

Under the guidance of Summersbough and with the help of some friendly pugs, some of which might become regulars we got a lot deeper into the Foundry this time! On our second day to venture in we not only got Flamebender, but we took down Kromog, Operator Thogar and the Iron Maidens for the first time!

That's 8/10 for Blackrock! Very well done everyone. It'll only get tougher to get the last guys, but if we can get a steady group, be it with the Band or some steady friends, we'll see it through! For now, we must focus on getting this regular group, and being able to clear the first bosses at a quick pace. On our first night we were delayed often, due to swapping out randomers and waiting for them to reach us. A curse of relying on others in that way. If we can work out these kinks, we can clear the place far quicker, and get some good attempts in at the Blast Furnace, and eventually, Blackhand.
Rinoi
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinoi on Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:33 pm

Unfortunately, ever since we've taken down the Iron Maidens, we've never progressed any further. In fact, the last two weeks, we've not been able to down the Iron Maidens again. Activity and interest seems to be waning.

Although I believe that raiding can be great fun, and a good way to work together as a guild, and a group of people, too few others on the current guild roster feel the same way.

Unless I hear from others that they would really like to continue this, I will end this aspect of the guild for the time being. It was a nice experiment, and quite fun and rewarding, in my view at least. But it can't be done with just the seven'ish people that we get on the best of days. And having to scrounge together people on the bad days rather takes the wind out of the sails.

Let me know your thoughts.
Rinoi
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurrrold on Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:23 pm

Well, to be honest I stopped raiding with you guys the second time you did BRF because the requirements for raiding were then set to iLvl 650/20K dps. At that moment I didn't have either of these so I couldn't compete anymore (and I've never really liked LFR tbh). But as (it's my opinion, no one should take this personal) the RP started to get more boring, I started gearing up again and I finally deem myself BRF ready, I still meet neither of the requirements (iLvl 649/16-18K dps) but I thought that could be easily fixed with some legit raiding gear. Now I do think, that the main problem here is the fact that you only did BRF over the past few weeks, leaving out a whole chunk of undergeared guildies (although I've read your post about a lack of interest in the entry level raids) and the fact that several members of the original 'core' raid team stopped playing (like Kastarn). I do hope the raiding continues and that I may join in, despite my terrible timing and lack of the recommended dps.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tygos on Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:28 pm

we did stop doing highmaul due to the lack of interest of the "lower geared members" as those who showed up every week became to geared for it, I also said if people want to I would help them do normal and fix a group and stuff and do normal with them, no once have anyone asked for that even tho the offer was there

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Monrena on Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:51 am

this is a complex one to be honest.. most know my opinion on raiding.. well not raiding itself but.. the ammount of raiding thats been done, for us "low geard" people to get into the raids you guys are in would require a lot of time and effort to getting the gear required for it.. for people like myself with limited free time.. this would mean choosing between rp or raiding.. not both, so even thow you offer help setting up groups for it (this here is the first I have seen this) it would still take time as I mostly roll dps's so unless we can get a healer and a tank to speed run us lowbies threw for gear... its just not posible timewise for many others, so unless people are prepared to help lowbies but take there time with it, as we are here to also rp.. then its pritymuch not gona happen at least for me
Monrena
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adry on Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:12 pm

As I've said, I don't very well approve of raiding in an RP guild, however I found this situation to be absolutely fine. And Monrena... I have 3 characters more than sufficiently geared enough to raid with the Braves. I have not made any effort to gear them other than my usual PvP. If you really wanted to join, it would have taken no effort at all.

View user profile http://www.republiquedesmangues.fr/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top