[Event Campaign] In the mind of a Madman.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[Event Campaign] In the mind of a Madman.

Post by Voranos on Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:00 am

In the mind of a Madman [Event Campaign]
______________________________________________________________________________________

During the weekly meeting 16/3 Voranos brought with him a letter from none other than Dr. McCartney, a former companion of the Braves who never truly joined and now the Braves know why. The man is simply utterly insane. McCartney has been going about killing innocent and peaceful Orcs of the Frostwolf Clan and he has even gone so far to kill the younglings with them. He’s a madman and he needs to be stopped before he is aiming his private army towards the Braves in sheer madness! The letter that was brought by Voranos contained information about his location and was (believe it or not) an invite for Rinoi personally! Rinoi did however not accept this invitation so things got a little out of hand.

This is what happened in chapter one...

Chapter One - The Iron Docks
______________________________________________________________________________________

The band of heroes set out to find this man of wickedness and after a couple of hours of travelling they all realized where the cordinates would lead them. The old iron docks, the same docks that should’ve been cleared of the blackrock Orcs months ago. It had indeed been cleared of Orcs but was now occupied by the mad Doctors private army, consisting of only Humans with black armor. They call themselves The Reapers, a fitting name for an army of mercenaries that has been slaughtering innocent Orcs for months now.

As the band of heroes arrive at the location they are halted by two men who are guarding their path into the iron docks. They are greeted by the barrel of two rifles pointing right at them as one of the men tells them to state their buisness. That’s when Tygos introduces and tells the men that they have been invited by the Doctor himself. The men would lower their rifles and let them in, peering at Jack as he passes by. Those were not the only eyes Jack would have upon him, oh no. The band of heroes would journey trough the docks that was now filled up with men and women from all over Azeroth, all different cultures, but they all shared a deep hate for the Orcish race. A lot of eyes were set upon Jack with him being an half-Orc, but no one would come up to them until one man does.

The man tries to pick a fight with the heroes but they all realize that picking a fight would not be wise judging by their situation of being surrounded by an army of two-threehundred mercenary soldiers. A brave Pandaren woman does however step up, Zui, and does indeed challange the man to a fight if it would stop man from harassing Jack. The man would draw his sword, but the second the man raises his sword into the air he would be greeted by a bullet to the back of his head coming from afar, sending the man to the cold ground.

''Peace and fuckin’ order, is tha’ too much to ask for?!’’ shouted a familiar voice from afar and it was indeed the Doctor himself who was waving towards the group with a smile on his lips, even though he just delivered a bullet to one of his own mens skull. The heroes approched the man who was sitting ontop of a boat with his rifle out. He would tuck it away and ask the group how they have been and also where Rinoi would be to which Pip’ answers that Rinoi couldn’t attend due to her marriage. The Doctor seems to be freaking out over hearing that Rinoi is getting married and starts throwing stuff around and pulling his hair, just like a madman would do when he is not satasfied.

The Doctor would aim his rifle at Pip’ in sheer anger and ask her why, how and when before having a crossbow aimed at him from Zui who was trying to protect her comrades. The Doctor slowly squeezes the trigger, aimed at Pip’, but before he would be able to send that bullet towards Pip’, other bullets starts flying around and the sky is filled with a rain of bullets from ontop the walls of the iron docks. An ambush!
The Blackrock Orcs has been gathering an army of its own and is now set to reclaim what is theirs, the iron docks. The Doctor sees his army slowly getting annihilated by the fury of the Blackrock clan. ’‘LOK’TAR OGAR!!’’ could be heard from ontop the walls as the Orcs slides down with long ropes as the fight breaks out. The Doctor panics and decides to make a run for it and sends Murg, a Ogron, towards the Band! Murg puts up a good fight, but can not best the heroes. Murg is finally killed by Voranos who chops the poor Ogrons head right off with a smile on his face. Tygos would have begged the heroes not to kill Murg and did not resort to violance himself, but sadly it had no effect on the heroes. Tygos shed a tear for Murg after the fight.

After defeating Murg and some of the Doctors soldiers, the heroes would turn towards the boat that was carrying the Doctor towards safety. Pip’ would help Jack up on the crane that was carrying the boat but was greeted by a good old chair to the face before recieving a knife as a desert from the Doctor himself before he mounts up a goblin-made machine-gun that he aims towards the heroes. Jack would have surely taken a bullet, but Luna shields him bravely, ready to take a hit for him before Voranos would take one for her. That’s companionship for you right there. The Doctor would in fact make his escape but he had one last suprise for the heroes before he was about to take his leave...

A buzzing sound could be heard from the sky and as the heroes all looked up, they would notice a Gilnean-made zeppelin hovering above them, carrying a giant bomb that would surely wipe out the entire armies together with the heroes if they did not make their escape! In a desperate attempt to save their lives they all ran towards the water as the bomb quickly was moving towards impact, a certain death if the heroes hadn’t jumped in the cold water. As the Heroes swam towards the surface again they could hear the screams of both Humans and Orcs who was now lit on fire by the bomb dropped by the zeppelin. Some of the poor souls tried to put out their fires and ran towards the water but few even made it so far before they dropped to the cold ground.

The heroes saw a boat that was occupied by mercenaries not too far out and decided to swim towards the boat and hijack it before driving off to safety. The Doctor was nowhere to be found.

Is this the end of McCartneys madness or will he now find another way to go on about his endless slaughter of Orcs? Find out next Sunday in chapter two!
Voranos

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Event Campaign] In the mind of a Madman.

Post by Tygos on Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:41 pm

"Not even the younglings survived."
Sorry bout me during the event I just had to quote Obi-Wan all the time.
The event it self was brilliant, well done!
The post to is brilliant and captured all that happened perfectly.
10/10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shapur on Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:17 pm

Great report! It was a shame I couldn't be there, but this makes up for it. Thanks!
Shapur

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Voranos on Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:12 pm

Thanks alot for the positive feedback you two!
Voranos

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Littlepip on Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:19 pm

Now for a bit of negative feedback, I personally found the combat system you used while fighting against the Ogron extremely boring, to the point that I was falling asleep. (Rinoi's idea to give you my feedback.) It was the kind of combat you would find me creating for a year or two ago while I was in Stormwind. It was Cliche, I recommend trying out a different kind of combat system and removing the illusion of choice.
Other then that I liked the event to a certain level, but I would not call it perfect or great and especially not give it a 10/10. I liked the story line leaning up to it and the interaction with the player they had, so personally I would give it a 4/10. There is room for improvement, but you have the potential to making it better.
Littlepip

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Voranos on Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:55 pm

I'm terribly sorry about not showing up on the event. The reason to this is that my boss called me Sunday morning and asked me to come in and work to 20:30 and I couldn't really say no. After that I was on a bus for two hours so I was back home really late.

I'll see which day fits everyone and set up a new time.
Voranos

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Noodlemeister on Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:49 pm

As for a date, I won't be able to be there on the 4th of April, or the Sunday for that matter. I think the 3rd would be good though.
Jack Noodlemeister

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top